Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
There’s been a fair bit of bad, sad and unsettling news in my circle and in the world lately.
It’s taken extra energy to focus on positive and productive things, and to keep my chin up.
Learning about wellness, holistic success and self-mastery always give me a little boost. I hope this month’s intel does the same for you.
Pressed for time? My top 3 picks:
- VIDEO: The Empowering Questions You Should Ask Yourself During Tough Times | Super Soul Sunday
- ARTICLE: 8 Things Every Person Should Do Before 8 A.M. | Inc.
- ARTICLE: Love Your Belly: Digestion-Boosting Fermented Foods | Yoga Journal
EVENT: The Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress (Victoria) | February 17-19, 2017
(PHOTO CREDIT: Michelle Ardiel)
The first Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress in September was one of the most incredible experiences of my professional life! There's something extraordinary about the complete immersion in a luxury setting, where every meal is exquisitely delicious and healthy, your bed is all yours and like a magical fluffy cloud, and you don't have to worry about a single thing except focusing on exactly what you need in your life (and what you don't), and creating a personalized action plan to ensure your battery overflows.
EVENT: WNORTH Conference (Whistler) | April 19-21, 2017
2017 Theme: Authenticity, Image & Power
***Early Bird Conference Passes Available until November 25
Not only am I excited to be part of WNORTH Conference 2017 as an attendee (this year's event was AMAZING), I'll be curating the conference meals at Nita Lake Lodge to optimize energy, vitality and productivity! PLUS, I'm totally thrilled to be of the main stage speakers, alongside Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin, Dan Pontefract, Esther Ayorinde and Donna Burton.
More wellness awesomeness:
- PODCAST: Tara Mohr, author of Playing Big, on Making Peace with Your Inner Critic | Harvard Business Review
- PODCAST: Beautiful Writers Podcast, featuring Elizabeth Lesser on Creative Courage
- ARTICLE: The 12 Invaluable Lessons Learned Enduring Hardship and Stress | Entrepreneur
- ARTICLE: Just 8 Weeks of Meditation Can Change Your Brain for the Better | Inc.
- ARTICLE: The Force of Courage: 5 Steps for Overcoming Fear by Barry Michels and Phil Stutz, authors of The Tools| GOOP
- ARTICLE: 3 Reasons Your Happiness is an Act of Compassion | Emma Seppälä, PhD
- ARTICLE: How Walking in Nature Changes the Brain | New York Times
- ARTICLE: 25 must-try vegan dishes in Vancouver | Daily Hive Vancouver
- ARTICLE: Why I no longer feel guilty about doing less | Secondhand Therapy
- ARTICLE: Exercise Helps Slow Down Memory Decline | Time
- RESOURCE: Take the journey to financial empowerment | Tracy Theemes
- ARTICLE: Tummy troubles? Why you need to eat fermented foods | Desiree Nielsen, RD
- ARTICLE: Tim Spector's Top Ten List of Gut-Friendly Foods | The Nature of Things
- ARTICLES: The connection between our microbes and our health | Psychology Today
- ARTICLE: 5 Ways to Boost Your Kid's Gut Health | Parents Magazine
- BOOK: The Good Gut: Taking Control of Your Weight, Your Mood, and Your Long Term Health by Erica and Justin Sonnenburg
- BOOK: The Diet Myth: The Real Science Behind What We Eat by Tim Spector
- BOOK: The Human Superorganism: How the Microbiome Is Revolutionizing the Pursuit of a Healthy Life by Rodney Dietert
- BOOK: The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us by Gavin de Becker
Read/heard/watched something awesome lately? Please share!
And, if you have a friend who’d love this intel, please forward this email to them!
Are you enjoying these monthly intels? I'd love to hear your feedback!
Thanks for sharing.