Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
How’s 2017 treating you? We’re almost through January!
As you’ve likely experienced too, I’ve had some ups and downs.
The ups have taken me to new heights of gratitude and joy, and the downs have reminded me of how very important self-care is – and how important is it to have self-care rituals hardwired in place to support you when you’re down.
I’ve never been more proud of the mindset, movement, fuel, sleep and connection practices I teach through The Life Delicious, or more motivated to continue learning so that I can share more powerful tools with you.
I hope you’ll enjoy this month’s roundup. Happy reading/listening/watching!
Pressed for time? My top 3 picks:
- VIDEO: Dr. Alia Crum’s TED talk, Change your mindset, change the game
- ARTICLE: Mindfulness Supports “Wise” Indulgence | Mindful
- VIDEO: Dr. Lara Boyd’s TED talk, How neuroplasticity gives you the power to shape the brain you want
February 15: Whistler, BC >>> The Science of Health, Happiness and Productivity
Join me at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre for this Whistler Chamber’s Women of Whistler event, where I’ll be sharing The Science of Health, Happiness and Productivity (check out this sneak peek of my talk on their blog)!
February 17-19: Victoria, BC >>> The Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress
(Movement breaks include a walk/run around Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour. PHOTO CREDIT: Michelle Ardiel)
Only a few spots left for the Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress! Enjoy luxurious accommodations, decadently healthy meals and guided workouts, while you learn the tools to create an action plan for your very best life. Only $899 per person, double occupancy!
May 20: London, UK >>> The One-Day Retreat at Westminster Physiotherapy & Pilates Centre
(Westminster Physiotherapy & Pilates Centre's neighbour, Buckingham Palace. PHOTO CREDIT: Lucy Hyslop)
Thanks to the best exchange rate in years, it’s an awesome time to travel to the UK! Begin your European adventure with a one-day retreat in central London at Westminster Physiotherapy & Pilates Centre. I’ve partnered with WPPC’s head physiotherapist Clare Fone and award-winning journalist and yoga instructor Lucy Hyslop to help you eat, exercise, think and sleep better, as we guide you through science-based strategies and efficient workouts (including PhysYogaLates, yoga, and HIIT circuit training). This intimate one-day event is limited to 10 spots!
More wellness awesomeness:
- ARTICLE: Why “Transformative Travel” Will Be the Travel Trend of 2017 | Vogue
- ARTICLE: How Meditation Can Transform Your Business | Entrepreneur
- ARTICLE: The economics of exquisitely reared chickens | San Francisco Chronicle
- VIDEOS: 6 TED Talks You Should Watch To Up Your Mindset | Forbes
- ARTICLE: Why you should try a phone-free vacation | Well + Good
- ARTICLE: The brain science of the vagina heralds a new sexual revolution, by Naomi Wolf | The Guardian
- ARTICLE: How to be resilient: 10 life hacks to help you beat stress | The Telegraph
- ARTICLE: Exercise makes it easier to eat less | Montreal Gazette
- ARTICLE: The Basics of Self-Care | alive
- ARTICLE: An Inspiring Story of Weight Loss and Its Aftermath | New York Times
- ARTICLE: Intimacy: How We Connect | Psychology Today
- ARTICLE: The Health & Wellness Benefits of Forest Bathing | Loon Lake Lodge & Retreat Centre
- ARTICLE: 10 Essential Practices You Need To Succeed in 2017 | Inc.
- ARTICLE: The Year of Conquering Negative Thinking | New York Times
- VIDEO: Marie Forleo and Dr. Mark Hyman: You’re Closer to Health and Happiness Than You Realize
- PODCAST: Nancy Levin on Worthy: Boost Your Self Worth To Grow Your Net Worth | Untame Yourself with Elizabeth DiAlto
- ARTICLE: New Biophilic Gym Concept: nature-inspired indoor environment | WELLTODO
Read/heard/watched something awesome lately? Please share!
And if you have a friends in and around London, I’d be so grateful if you’d tell them about my wellness retreat at Westminster Physiotherapy & Pilates Centre on May 20!