Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
I’m back! Apologies for the interruption in this monthly service.
It’s been an interesting year so far.
Business, wonderfully, has been busier than ever, but our landlord is selling our rental apartment so not only have we spent a lot of time looking for and securing a new home, we’ve had to clean, de-personalize and vacate our space on a weekly basis, for three consecutive months, with the dog, rain or shine, for open houses and showings.
Plus, I’m pregnant (due November)! So I’ve had less energy and more nausea than ever.
Thankfully, things are on the up and up.
We bought a new home, and take possession tomorrow!
And, finally through my first trimester, I’m feeling more energetic and (hopefully) past the nausea.
I’m really excited about this latest edition of TLD Intel. I truly hope these little roundups serve you and provide you with the education and tools to take ACTION in creating your best life!
Pressed for time? My top 3 picks:
- VIDEO: Robert Waldinger’s TED talk, What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness
- VIDEO: Tracy Thomson's TED talk, The Human Brain: Hardwired for Spirituality
- ARTICLE: How To Train Your Brain To Go Positive Instead Of Negative | Forbes
May 7 | Winspiration Day Vancouver | Vancouver, BC
Winspiration Day is an annual, globally celebrated day dedicated to wellness and personal power. This year's theme is BE INSPIRED! BE INSPIRING!
I'm very excited to be the closing keynote speaker, and honoured to share the stage with some incredible speakers and performers.
Join us on Sunday, May 7 from 2-5pm at the Westside Grand!
Tickets are just $25 and include door prizes, livestreaming with Winspiration Day Los Angeles, food and drink provided by local community sponsors, and a special musical surprise.
Seating is limited to 150 attendees, so don't delay!
- - -
June 2-4, 2017 | The Galiano Island Retreat | Galiano Island, BC
An intimate setting, a stunning location, phenomenal food and over 48 hours that are all about YOU.
Over the weekend – at a stately residence with a private chef – you’ll explore the science of mind-body-spirit success as you learn about the 5 pillars of holistic wellness – mindset, movement, nutrition, sleep and connection.
Through lecture, discussion, and individual exploration, you’ll leave this retreat with a personalized action plan to ensure you practice these simple, powerful rituals that will elevate and transform your life.
This exclusive, ladies-only event is limited to 12 participants. Sign up today!
- - -
September 29 - October 1, 2017 | The Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress | Victoria, BC
Come with an accountability partner and save on double occupancy – perfect for couples, business partners, mothers and daughters, and friends!
Renewed heritage, modern luxury. Join us as the completely renovated Fairmont Empress, with its brand new pool and health club, Willow Stream Spa, restaurants, and guest suites.
You'll learn the 5 pillars of holistic wellness as you put them into practice during this weekend event, with hourly movement breaks, energizing guided workouts, nutritious, thoughtfully-prepared buffet meals, and interactive lectures on stress management, productivity, sleep hygiene, connection and more.
This luxury, co-ed event is limited to 20 participants. Sign up today!
More wellness awesomeness:
- BOOK: Let Them Eat Dirt: Saving Your Child from an Oversanitized World by Brett Finlay and Marie-Claire Arrieta
- BOOK: The School of Greatness: A Real-World Guide to Living Bigger, Loving Deeper, and Leaving a Legacy by Lewis Howes
- BOOK: Un‑Junk Your Diet: How to Shop, Cook, and Eat to Fight Inflammation and Feel Better Forever by Desiree Nielsen
- BOOK: Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon's Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart by James Doty
- ARTICLE: The Data-Driven Case for Vacation | Harvard Business Review
- ARTICLE: 8 Things Every Person Should Do Before 8 A.M. | Medium
- ARTICLE: Why You Must Give Yourself Permission To Work Less | Inc.
- ARTICLE: 9 Secrets of the Most Productive Working Women | Fortune
- ARTICLE: Why the benefits of sleep go far beyond beauty | LA Times
- ARTICLE: 7 Surprising Ways the Happiest People Find Success | Inc.
- ARTICLE: How Practice Affects Our Brains | Mindful
- ARTICLE: Will You Be Super Productive Today? | Inc.
- ARTICLE: How sleep deprivation affects your body | Chatelaine
- ARTICLE: Present-Moment Awareness Buffers the Effects of Daily Stress | Mindful
- ARTICLE: Neuroplasticity: Are You Making A Masterpiece or Mess of Your Brain? | The Best Brain Possible
- ARTICLE: The Magic of Neurogenesis: How to Help Your Body Make New Brain Cells | Observer
- ARTICLE: Discovering the Secrets of Long-Term Love | Emma Seppälä
- ARTICLE: Sleep your way to new year’s resolution success | The Guardian
- ARTICLE: 10 Ways Successful People Spend Their Time After Work | The Muse
- ARTICLE: Meditators Have Younger Brains | Mindful
Read/heard/watched something awesome lately? Please share!
Like this post? Share with your friends! Get social! >>>
TLD April Intel: A Monthly Roundup Of Intelligence To Help You Live #TheLifeDelicious, via @LifeDelish: http://www.thelifedelicious.ca/the-life-delicious/2017/4/27/tld-april-intel-a-monthly-roundup-of-intelligence-to-help-you-live-the-life-delicious