Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
The last two months have been hectic! I've had retreats, conferences, corporate workshops, private clients – and have been flying mostly solo with all of the household minutiae (laundry, dishes, keeping plants alive) while my amazing husband has been working overtime on a little film called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (in theatres December 16! i.e. the end of OT is in sight!).
I have never felt such wellsprings of gratitude in my life – for my family, my friends, my career, my health – but throughout this hectic period it's been a very conscious daily practice of reminding myself to prioritize self-care.
I'll admit, there's been at least one time when I've cried out of exhaustion and frustration. But it's a beautiful thing to give yourself permission to really feel your feelings and witness the energy shift that occurs when you allow your emotions to become energy in motion – an incredibly helpful concept I learned from the wonderful Dr. Divi, founder of the College of Mind Body Spirit Medicine.
When you don't honour your emotions and instead bury or mask them (everything is amaaazing! *silently cries on the inside while flashing a fake smile*) you're doing your mind, body and spirit a disservice.
Unprocessed mental pain can manifest as physical symptoms.
Plus, when your actions are out of alignment with the truth of how you're feeling, it's a real energy zapper! And if you, like me, are experiencing a hectic period in your life, you know that energy-zappers are a hard no, and that energy-building self-care practices are an absolute yes.
For me, an essential self-care practice is gaining new insight on personal mastery and sharing what I learn with kindred spirits – that's YOU!
I hope you'll find this month's intel helpful, interesting and inspiring. Happy reading/listening/watching!
Pressed for time? My top 3 picks:
- VIDEO: Glennon Doyle Melton & Marie Forleo on Being A Love Warrior | MarieTV
- BOOK: True to Form by Eric Goodman
- ARTICLE: Presence and the Impostor Syndrome | LeanIn.org
More wellness awesomeness:
- ARTICLE: Why Self-Care Is The Least Selfish Thing You Can Do | mindbodygreen
- ARTICLE: How Super Producer Rick Rubin Gets People To Do Their Best Work: Meditation | Forbes
- EVENT: November 6 – The Art of Thrifting: an afternoon of conscious conversation and tailored vintage shopping | Distrikt Movement, North Vancouver
- VIDEO: The Truth About Work Life Balance With Grace Bonney and Marie Forleo | MarieTV
- ARTICLE: 16 Relationship Secrets to Steal From Couples Married for 50+ Years | Woman’s Day
- MEDITATION: Light Sourcing Meditation, guided by Rebecca Campbell
- ARTICLE: Your internal monologue during a workout determines success: study | The Globe and Mail
- ARTICLE: How Muscle Imbalances in Your Jaw and Neck Affect Digestion | Yoga Tune Up
- ARTICLE: A therapist explains the technique Justin and Sophie learned in couples’ therapy | Chatelaine
- ARTICLE: Cancer survivors share hard-won lessons on managing time well | Fast Company
- ARTICLE: Overcome These Five Common Obstacles to Meditation | Mindful
- ARTICLE: 7 steps to exercising during pregnancy | Bellines Inc.