Intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
It's July! I hope you're having a beautiful summer.
It's been a while – again.
Even though I've moved nearly two dozen times in my life, it's always a transition that's high in energy consumption.
It's been an interesting journey (including some tears and fury) to start over again on the home front (we moved in May).
The biggest challenge has been re-creating my daily rituals and sacred spaces:
- a beautiful, blacked-out bedroom that evokes serenity
- a meditation space
- an AM ritual space
- a weekly exercise and movement routine
- an inspiring, uncluttered home office
- a clever kitchen that excites meal prep (and cleanup)
- an efficient route for errands
- etc, etc, etc
It’s almost 12 weeks post-move and I’m so grateful to finally be back in the swing of things.
Transitions can be tough. They require extra energy, patience, curiosity and flexibility.
I feel doubly in transition as not only has my home changed, my body is changing too!
At 6 months pregnant, I’m feeling great – happily past the first 4 very challenging months.
I’m so happy to have my rituals back in place these last 3 months before the baby comes.
I know the arrival if this amazing little person will create what’s sure to be one of the biggest transitions of our lives!
How do you navigate transition?
Do you honour yourself with a grace period and accept that extra energy, patience, curiosity and flexibility are likely necessary?
As always, I’m delighted to share this latest edition of TLD Intel. I hope you’ll find a few new tools (or reminders) to help you navigate life’s inevitable transitions.
Pressed for time? My top 3 picks:
September 15 - 17: Get Delicious Wellness Retreat at Four Seasons Resort Whistler
Whistler, BC - Grand in scale, intimate by nature, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler epitomizes the mountain spirit and is the perfect place to add some spark to your daily routines while offering great relaxation and nourishment. The Get Delicious Wellness Retreat is designed to help you lay the foundation for personal mastery and holistic success.
September 29 - October 1: The Luxury Wellness Retreat at Fairmont Empress
Victoria, BC - Renewed heritage, modern luxury. At the Fairmont Empress Luxury Wellness Retreat, you'll be pampered with nutritious meals, exclusive access to the brand new Willow Stream Spa, luxury accommodations and guided workouts, while you devote time, energy and attention to YOU. We’re bringing you the best possible tools to help guide you on a path of health, happiness and productivity.
More wellness awesomeness:
- ARTICLE: “No” is the New “Yes”: Four Practices to Reprioritize Your Life | Harvard Business Review
- VIDEO: Sheryl Sandberg on Life After Loss | Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday
- ARTICLE: Why exercise is the best medicine for your brain | LA Times
- ARTICLE: To age better, eat better | Harvard Gazette
- ARTICLE: How To Be A Better Friend, Even When You’re Busy | Fast Company
- ARTICLE: The Best Thing to Eat Before a Workout? Maybe Nothing at All | New York Times
- ARTICLE: 10 Surprising Ways Meditation Rewires Your Brain for Higher Consciousness and Health | Conscious Lifestyle Magazine
- ARTICLE: To Train an Athlete, Add 12 Minutes of Meditation to the Daily Mix | New York Times
- ARTICLE: The Japanese skill copied by the world: Mindfulness | BBC Travel
- ARTICLE: 'Forest Bathing': How Microdosing on Nature Can Help With Stress | The Atlantic
Read/heard/watched something awesome lately? Please share!
Like this post? Share with your friends! Get social! >>>